Why should I join Anahata Yoga’s Teacher Training Course? What is the difference between your training course and the others on offer in the market?
Please read our 10 Reasons to Join Our Teacher Training Course. That aside, there are three main advantages to joining our Teacher Training Courses:
1. We are very particular about our teaching method Our training courses are structured in the same way as those offered in India, and our yoga masters teach the classes in the same manner as they have learned in India. Taking part in our teacher training is therefore akin to taking yoga teacher trainings in India. In most other teacher training courses, students get a limited yoga education that is highly dependent on their teacher’s own training and knowledge. What happens is that there is a simple passage of knowledge from the teacher to the students, instead of a dynamic environment wherein students learn concepts and postures in a manner that they will be able to teach again in their own style. Moreover, the traditional core concepts and principles taught in a teacher training are very important in the understanding of yoga philosophy. Such knowledge is impossible to gain simply by reading books. In order to fully grasp the practical and philosophical tenets of yoga, one has to learn it fully from professional, well-trained, and experienced yoga masters who are able to thoroughly explain and demonstrate such concepts and practices.
2. Our courses are integrated and inclusive We cover most types of yoga and lineages in our teacher training so that students gets a holistic view and understanding of what yoga is, how it was developed over the years, and how it is relevant today. Our courses are designed in such a way that includes as much depth and breadth of yoga history and philosophy as possible, and integrates both theoretical and practical aspects of the practice.
3. We continue training and helping our students even after they have completed the programme We make sure our students get teaching opportunities at other centres. In fact, other yoga studios in Hong Kong prefer to hire graduates of our teacher training courses because of their knowledge in various types of yoga, routines, and as well as their ability to develop their own sequences and teaching plans. Moreover, at Anahata Yoga, we only hire teachers who have completed our own Yoga Teacher Training Courses.
I am a complete beginner in yoga; I’ve never tried it before. May I still enrol in this course?
This course is not just limited to aspiring yoga teachers; it is open to everyone who is interested in learning about the fascinating history, origin, and philosophy of yoga. And since the 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course is a basic foundation course, it is certainly suitable for those with no prior training or experience in the practice.
Can I enrol in this course even though I’m pregnant?
The 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course is a beginner’s course and does not involve intensive yoga practice. We exclude the demonstration of asanas to pregnant women, but otherwise, if you are in your earlier stages of pregnancy (and your due date does not fall within the course duration), then yes, you are welcome to join the course. We have had pregnant women take up and successfully complete the course before.
How are the assessments conducted?
Assessments are conducted in two parts, theory and practical. For the theory part, you will be given two topics from the syllabus, where you need to write on those topics and submit it online one month after the course has finished.
For the practical assessments, we will conduct a teaching practice session by forming a group and the course faculty teachers will assess the teaching methods and give you inputs on what you need to do to improve teaching techniques in the long term. Upon successful completion of both, you will receive the Course Graduation Certificate.
Can you give me some reference of your Teacher Training graduates who have completed your yoga teacher training course and running their own yoga studios?
We have many TT graduates currently teaching full time and part time in many yoga studios in Hong Kong and other parts of the world. Some of our graduates are successfully running their own yoga studios in many part of the world including;
- Ivy Yip – YogaLaya, Kwai Fong Hong Kong
- Queenie – Studio Q, TST, Hong Kong
- Kosta Miachin – Vikasa Yoga – Thailand
- Mario Corella – Rancho Largo Yoga – Mexico
- Sharon Wong – Yoga Club Association, Hong Kong
- Ellen Yu – Yoga Club Association, Hong Kong
- Hazel – Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
- Chi Chi – Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
- Teresa Cheung – Yoga Fitness, Hong Kong
- Laura Shore – Green Frog, Hong Kong
- Supatcha Songcharoen – Little Yoga, Bangkok, Thailand
- Tanida Indrawati – Yoga Club Studio, Indonesia
- Elizabeth Rowan, Haven Yoga, USA
- Sylvie Tremblay – Yoga Sangha, Montreal, Canada
- Cindy Chow – Landmark Mandarin Hotel, Hong Kong
- Emilie Mognetti – Aix Yoga Center, France
- Tammy Kwok – Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
- Tanny Tang – Yoga Reborn, Hong Kong
- Chloe Sze, – Inspire Yoga, Hong Kong
You can find more references in our teacher directory https://iya-asia.com/teacher-directory/
Can I teach yoga after attending this course?
Yes, you can. Most of our Teacher Training graduates are now full-time yoga teachers in Hong Kong as well as volunteer teachers in charity organisations, such as the Andiappan Yoga Community,(www.yogacommunity.org) where we offer opportunities to teach yoga in various places in Hong Kong. The Andiappan Yoga Community is a non-profit organisation that aims to share the joy and health benefits of Andiappan Yoga teachings with as many people as possible. We organise social community events such as free yoga classes to the public in places with little access to yoga centre memberships. Our volunteers are all qualified yoga teachers with specializations to teach different groups of individuals, such as those with specific illnesses, disabilities, and the underprivileged. As of today, our graduates have been volunteering for the Andiappan Yoga Community in partnership with the following organisations:
- Changing Young Lives Foundation
- Autism Partnership School
- Yan Oi Tong
- Hong Kong Eating Disorder Association
- Quintessentially Foundation
- Hong Kong Cancer fund
- Lok Sin Tong
- Tai Kok Tsui Integrated Services
To know how to join the community and our activities you can visit www.yogacommunity.org
Once I have completed the teacher training, how could I further my knowledge in yoga practices and philosophy?
We recommend you to keep yourself under the guidance of experienced masters. Our masters are willing to give you full guidance and support even after you have completed the training. This is very important in staying inspired throughout your practice. You can also attend our other accredited yoga teacher training courses to deepen your learning in various topics of yoga:
Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training (300 RYT)
Following on the 200hr teacher training course, yoga is not only about doing the final poses but also about understanding anatomy, how to warm up properly and modification of poses according to your body. The Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training will help you progress to the next level of your yoga journey. The course, led by Master Yogananth and his team, will enable you to explore the capabilities of your body with intermediate to advanced level poses.
Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Course (300 RYT)
Yoga has traditionally been taught to individuals, with tailor-made sessions designed to address unique and specific ailments and diseases. This practice cannot be implemented in large classes. A therapeutic approach to yoga, is the best way to start your practice. Yoga Therapy is the future of yoga.
Kids Yoga Teacher Training Course (RCYT)
The best way to start teaching yoga is to teach kids. Kids are fun to be with and open-minded as long as it is fun and creative. Kids yoga is now taught in schools and most sports centres. This Kids Yoga Teacher Training course will prepare you with all the tools to teach kids up to the age of 18.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Course (RPYT)
The benefits of yoga during pregnancy is well-known with many doctors recommending it. Simple yogic poses and breathing techniques, along with meditation can greatly assist women in preparing for natural child birth. This Prenatal yoga teacher training gives you all the tools, preparation, knowledge and first-hand experience you need to teach pregnant women.
Private Yoga Classes
If you feel you are not ready to dive into another training just yet, but would like to take some time to consolidate what you have learnt and to put that into practice, you can consider private yoga. One of our experienced teachers will help tailor a practice for you to improve your practise and to achieve your specific goals.
Group Yoga Classes
Take your time and practice what you have learnt in our teacher training course and attend our regular group yoga classes to improve your health and well-being. At Anahata Yoga, there isn’t a shortage of inspiration and knowledge.
How to cover the classes I missed in the YTT?
We will plan a revision class on the last two Sundays of the course. Students who have missed up to three classes or who have questions may request to go over those topics again by sending us the date and the topics you have missed through email one week before the revision class.
But if you have missed more than three classes you can retake these classes during the upcoming YTT. However, these makeup classes must be taken within the next 6 months of your batch YTT and are subject to availability and payment of admin fee per module.
All communications in regards to the missed classes should be sent to email@example.com
What happens if I have to miss the full course/module I signed up for due to travel plans/emergency?
Students must provide a notice in writing if they are to miss the course / full module prior to the commencement date. If the student already knows the dates of their missing classes/modules before the commencement of the course, they can inform us at least one week before the start of the course and no admin fee will be charged.
There is an administrative fee of HK$500 (per module) if one or more modules are missed, once the course has begun subject to the next course availability.